A Message from Father Gary
We have been so fortunate during this Pandemic – our parishioners have been so generous in continuing to give. We are grateful.
However, we still need to generate monies to continue all the programs we support at our parish. I recently had a meeting with the chairpersons from many of our fundraising activities to see if we could come up with a plan to continue with our fundraising, keeping the current conditions and requirements in mind. And boy did we come up with some interesting ideas…
The following are some ideas we are looking into:
- Pierogi Sale (August 1)
- Mini Mega Tickets (selling tickets through December, drawing on Christmas)
- Night out at Webster’s – with a % of sales being returned to the parish
- Polish Platter Dinner (October)
- Old World Cookie Shoppe (December)
- Pork Chop Dinner (January)
- Spaghetti Dinner (February)
- Fish Fry (March)
- Ham Dinner (April)
- Cinco de Mayo (May)
- Festival / Mega Drawing / 5K Race (August)
All of dinners would be drive thru’s -we would pre-sell tickets for these dinners. Once we have concrete details we will share – hopefully one of these will be something you are interested in and will offer to help.
Again, I am humbled by your support not only for me but for our OLC parish.
Reopening of Parish
- Expect that you will not see everyone at Mass. Not all will feel comfortable returning to public worship right away and some people should not return right away, including those over 65 years of age and those in higher risk category because of health issues and those who are currently ill.
- Expect that not all parishioners will be able to attend Mass because of reduced capacity and social distancing.
- Expect to see ALL people, over the age of 2, wearing masks.
- Expect the music to be led only by the Music Director.
- There will be no Breaking Bread books or worship aids in the pews.
- We will be using the side entrances (handicap entrance) only.
- Ushers will assist parishioners to their seats.
- Those who are symptomatic or have been exposed within 14 days to the coronavirus are not permitted in the church. Members of the same household must remain home as well.
- Expect that each parish may open on a different schedule. We need patience to guide us these next few months.
More detailed information will follow as we are able to make definite decisions.
Find out what’s
going on at OLC
3 Minute Retreat
A short prayer break at
your computer for 24 hours of peace.
Catch up on the bulletin
or view the archive
Diocese of Buffalo 3 Ways to Get News & Info
WNY CATHOLIC: print/on-line
Upon This Rock
We received $14,481.62 for our January 2020 payment from Upon This Rock. It continues to be very important that pledges are honored so we will continue to receive future payments.
We are replacing the entrance to the old rectory. We repaired some roofing issues on the school building.
We are hopeful with future money to work on our wish list: painting the interior of the church, repairing the back parking lot, new windows for the school, chairs for the parish hall. There is and always will be a need to upgrade and /or improve our complex.
Once again, your continued support is critical to Our Lady of Czestochowa – thank you for your support to Upon This Rock.
~ Father Gary
Watch Mass Live!
Watch Live Streaming of Our Masses
"Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God"
– Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5:3-11)